Baptists had been fellowshipping in Shilton from the 17th. century, meeting in a variety of places, including a shepherds shed. The village was served with preachers from a nearby church in Longford. Eventually it was decided to purchase some land in order to establish a permanent place of worship.
Shilton Baptist Chapel was built in 1867 and has continued to serve the village for the last 150 years.
Pastor, David Rhodes, pictured here with his wife Ruth, has recently retired from leading the fellowship.
Please be patient whilst the website undergoes an update